Planning to build near trees?
Our cost effective planning services can deliver surveys & reports in line with British Standard 5837:2012 including;
- Pre-development Tree Surveys
- Arboricultural Impact Assessments (AIA)
- Tree Constraints Plans
- Tree Protection Plans
- Arboricultural Method Statements (AMS)
The content of this page is in the process of being updated.
We offer comprehensive tree survey and reporting services in compliance with British Standard 5837 ‘Trees in Relation to Design, Demolition and Construction – Recommendations’ 2012 (BS 5837:2012) for planning applications in the North East of England.
Our objective is to assist clients, architects, planning consultants, site managers, and contractors in the smooth design, planning, and development process, while retaining and protecting suitable trees wherever possible. Our services are aimed at gaining planning consent and realizing the design objectives while adhering to the highest standards of tree preservation.
Our simple 2-phase approach breaks the process down to provide the documents you need at the time you need them, without delay.
Phase 1 – The Survey Phase
This phase consists of the delivery of a BS5837 Tree Survey and a Tree Constraints Plan
- site visit for baseline tree data collection
- production of tree constraint plan to show the position of trees/groups, canopy spreads and root protection areas
- colour-coded retention categories
- should any tree be identified requiring removal/pruning, this will be further details in the report
Phase 2 – The Report Phase
This phase consists of the delivery of an Arboricultural Impact Assessment and the Arboricultural Method Statement document
- tree data overlaid on the proposed design
- assessment of tree impacts
- plan of tree retention/removal/access facilitation pruning
- tree protection plan, including construction exclusion zones, barriers, ground protection etc.