This policy has been documented in order to clearly show high-level commitment to providing and maintaining safe and healthy work conditions, equipment and safe systems of work. We shall use the guidance set out in ISO 45001 (Occupational Health and Safety Management) to help us to operate a suitable and sufficient Occupational Health and Safety Management system.
There shall be a zero-tolerance attitude towards unsafe acts with breaches of The Tree Fella NE Ltd policy, procedure and guidance being treated as a disciplinary offence.
The objectives of this policy shall be;
- To promote acceptable standards of health, safety and welfare within The Tree Fella NE Ltd
- To ensure compliance with all relevant statutory provisions
- To prevent accidents and cases of work-related ill-health
- To create and maintain safe and healthy places of work for all employees and to ensure that the safety and health of persons other than employees are not adversely affected by our work activity
- To ensure that staff at all levels are provided with adequate information, instruction, training and supervision
- To ensure all employees are competent to undertake their tasks
- To develop safety awareness and responsible attitudes at all levels
- To promote a joint consultation approach on health and safety matters
- To provide and maintain safe plant and equipment
- To ensure safe handling and use of substances
- To ensure sufficient funds are available to implement this statement
- To review and revise this policy, organisation and arrangements manual as necessary and at regular intervals not exceeding 12 months
This policy shall apply to the owners, employees and contractors engaged by The Tree Fella NE Ltd and shall be applied throughout the range of services undertaken by the company;
- Domestic services
- Commercial services
- Sub-contract service to infrastructure maintenance companies
The directors recognise that it is their responsibility to ensure that all staff are aware of the contents of this statement and those safe systems of work are provided and maintained on all work sites. Suitable and sufficient financial and physical resources shall be made available to ensure and maintain the health, safety and welfare of themselves, employees and others who may be affected by their undertakings.
The directors shall manage The Tree Fella NE Ltd in line with current legislation, guidance and accepted best practice and shall ensure that all foreseeable hazards are identified, arising risk is evaluated and suitable and sufficient controls are put in place to ensure and maintain a healthy and safe working environment.
The directors undertake to provide suitable and sufficient information, instruction, training and supervision as is deemed necessary by the regulatory and enforcing authorities to enable the implementation of this policy.
The directors shall actively seek the involvement and cooperation of all stakeholders in making The Tree Fella NE Ltd a safe place to work. Employees shall be encouraged to elect and appoint a Safety Representative in order to show that there shall be no adverse treatment of any person reporting concerns over any aspect of working conditions.
This policy shall be maintained as the business changes in size and nature and following any other significant change. Analysis of accidents, incidents, near-miss occurrences and trends shall enable the safety management system to be continuously improved. The directors shall take responsibility for the monitoring of the success and progress of the safety management system and shall appoint a competent advisor to provide advice and investigation when required.